Yes, I Said Closet Garden

When it really started to sink in that this stay-at-home quarantine order was turning into a lifestyle choice for the rest of the world, I realized that this was it: this was what I had always wanted but never dreamt would happen:

The rest of the world would slow down to my pace.

It's been glorious. I've been able to reconnect with my partner and build more quality time together.
I've been able to breathe and allow myself the time and space to finally focus on my healing.
I've been able to chase down projects and crafts I've always wanted to try, guilt-free, because while everyone else was baking their sourdough loaves, I was building a kitchen table and growing an herb garden.

Seasons turn, and what had been my lush, green experiment crowding the deck and necessitating custom-built plant-boxes turned into Project Overwinter when I realized I hadn't gotten tired of it yet.

So this happened:




This is an old shot, from back in November. I learned a lot from having them outside, but bringing them in to overwinter has given me a chance to experiment more with medium and lighting and nutrients.

You can see in the front there all the cuttings I've started in LECA (Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate) and water. The back row are pot transplants of my best growers and the ones I wanted the most to salvage. There's rosemary and basil, thyme and sage, a painfully dry-looking tarragon and an equally forlorn looking sweet pea.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Re)beginning